I libri di A&O
Ilha de Mocambique: incontro di popoli e culture / convergencia de povos e culturas
(Ilha de Mocambique: Gathering of Peoples and Cultures)
edited by Matteo Angius and Mario Zamponi
In Italian and Portoguese. Published by AIEP Editore, San Marino, Nov. 1999
“A journey to rediscover cultural, social, commercial and artistic relations.
Ilha de Mocambique, as we know it today, is the result of encounters and conflicts: symbol of violence but also cultural and artistic mixture.
This book gives a reflection on history, culture, art, poetry in a place that has been for centuries the meeting point for different peoples and cultures, a place where the different African cultures have met those from Europe and the East”
The publication of the book, in Portuguese with the Italian translation, has been sponsored by
Comissao Nacional para as Comemoracoes dos Descombrimentos Portogueses, Lisboa
in cooperation with:
- Universidade Eduardo Mondlane, Faculdade de Letras, Maputo
- Universidade Eduardo Mondlane, Centro de Estudos Africanos, Maputo
- Arquivo Historico de Mocambique, Maputo
- ARPAC – Arquivo do Patrimonio Cultural Nacional, Maputo
- Departamento de Museos, Maputo
- Associacao dos Amigos da Ilha de Mocambique, Maputo
- Centro Amilcar Cabral, Bologna
Preface by A.M. Gentili
Articles by A. Rocha, G. Liesegang, J. Capela, E. Medeiros, A. Sopa, N. Saute, L. Apa, J. Forjaz, Y. Houdayer, V. de Lemos, A.M. Loforte e A. Mate.